Crypto 101: How to buy $MSU on Gate.io
Gate.io is one of the exchange platforms in which $MSU can be acquired.
To start trading, first you need to set up your account.
On Gate.io it’s only possible to trade $MSU for USDT — this means that the first step is to acquire some USDT. There are several ways to do this, but we’ll emphasize two of the easiest:
Purchase USDT on Gate.io.
- After logging in to your account, go to the top bar and select “Buy Crypto” and “Credit Card.”
2. Select the currency you want to buy, and on Currency Purchased select USDT. Write the amount you want to buy.
3. Gate.io works with third-party providers to allow purchases with a credit card. Below you will see a list of different providers. Each of them has its own rules: different cards accepted, minimum limits to buy, different fees, etc. We recommend that you do your own research and chose the one you think best applies to you. Once you select a provider, click on “Purchase” and you’ll be directed to a new page, where you should be asked to provide your card info.
Follow the requested steps, and shortly after finishing, your funds in USDT should appear on your Gate.io wallet.
Purchase USDT on Binance.
- Log in to your Binance account. If you don’t have one, you can see how to create it here. On the top bar click on “Buy Crypto” and select the option “Credit/Debit Card.”
2. Select the currency you’ll be using to make the purchase, enter the amount you want to buy, and on the field “Receive” select USDT.
3. Add your card details and confirm the order. If this is your first time buying on Binance, you may follow more detailed steps in this article on how to buy MATIC. The process is always the same, regardless of the currency to be bought.
4. You should be immediately redirected to your wallet. If you’re not, on the top-right side of the screen, click on “Wallet” followed by “Fiat and Spot” and you’ll see your recently acquired USDT.
5. It is now necessary to transfer these funds to Gate.io so you can buy $MSU there. Click on “Withdraw.”
6. On the network field, select “MATIC Polygon” and you see you are required to enter an address.
7. To get your address, go back to Gate.io, and on the top-left side of the screen click on “Wallet” and then “Deposit.”
8. On the field “Coin” select “Tether USDT,” and under Chain select “Polygon.” An address should be generated immediately below, and you just have to copy it.
Note that the minimum transfer of USDT from Binance to Gate.io is 10 USDT. You’ll pay a 1 USDT fee for the transaction.
9. Back to Binance, paste your address on the respective field and enter the amount you want to transfer. Then click on “Withdraw.” You are done!
This operation normally takes some time, so don’t be concerned if your funds don’t appear in your Gate.io wallet immediately. Wait a few minutes, and you’ll receive an email from Binance confirming the success of your withdrawal. The USDT should then appear in your Gate.io wallet, and you’re ready to trade them for $MSU.
How to buy $MSU on Gate.io
1. Log in to your Gate.io account, and on the top bar click on “Wallet” and then “Spot Account,” where your recently acquired USDT should appear.
2. Click on “Trade” in the Actions list in front of USDT.
3. You’ll be directed to a new screen. On the left, write MSU on the search bar and click on the option “MSU_USDT.”
4. On the top of the screen you’ll see the current value of one $MSU. This amount is important because it is what you’ll buy the token for. Copy the value.
5. On the bottom of your screen you’ll see two columns. Use the one on the left to make the transaction.
- On the “Price USDT/MSU” field insert the amount you just copied. Token values can be volatile, so the price may change a bit — make sure the value inserted is the same as appears on top of the screen when you purchase.
- On the “Amount MSU” field insert how many tokens you want to buy.
You’ll see the total in USDT as well as the fees. You need to make sure you have enough USDT to proceed with the purchase. Then click on “Buy” and after “Confirm Order.”
5. You are required to enter your Fund password to confirm the trade. Submit.
6. After the operation is complete you’ll see a message confirming that your order has been placed. Go back to your Spot Account by clicking on “Wallet” followed by “Spot Account” on the top bar, and you’ll see the amount of your newly bought $MSU tokens!
That’s it! Now that you have acquired $MSU at Gate.io, you must transfer it to your MetaMask wallet, so you can use it to play MetaSoccer… but let’s leave it to another tutorial!
Disclaimer: This article doesn’t aim to provide any financial advice but serves as a tutorial on how to acquire a given token. Please do your own research, and make sure you use safe platforms to perform online trading.