PvE Roadmap: The Journey to Rewards
MetaSoccer’s team is committed to offer users a unique game, and to do so we are releasing gaming features that will pave the way toward the final product and respective rewards.
Lineup and Formations are already available at MetaSoccer, so you can start testing different strategies with your squad.
Next we are going to release the Player vs Environment mode (PvE), friendly matches where you can start playing. To ensure that we deliver a high-quality gaming experience, we are implementing this in several stages:
- PvE without rewards
- PvE with small $MSC rewards
- PvE with $MSC rewards
- Ranking system for $MSU rewards
- Next steps
Let’s see in more detail what is included in each stage.
1. PvE without rewards
Why begin a PvE without rewards and let you play as much as you want to? We’ve built and tested possible matches to have the most realistic simulations according to the lineups and the skills of the players, including win and tie rates.
In this first stage, we will check if win rates of real matches are similar to our simulations — they should be. But as “no plan survives first contact with the enemy,” simulations work well until they meet reality, and then adjustments need to be made.
So the more you play and try to outsmart the game (yes, we know you!), the sooner we can debug.
So, go crazy in this first phase and try every possible combination that comes to your mind! Once we have confirmation of our estimation of win rates, we can publish the rewards for win, tie and loss matches.
2. PvE with small $MSC rewards
At this stage, the fine-tuning will be mostly complete, and we will start testing that the flow of rewards works well, making sure they are given appropriately. Rewards will be introduced in small amounts.
In this phase, the early game mechanics will be fully operational:
- Users can choose who they want to compete with (and determine difficulty levels).
- Users can choose among several formations to adapt better to their players.
- Players will have a fatigue system to limit the number of matches they can play — more details about this in an upcoming article.
- Rewards will be proportional to the result of the match: win/tie/loss.
- Rewards will be proportional to the difficulty of the opponent.
3. PvE with $MSC rewards
After the rewards mechanics are working as planned, the true play-to-earn can start, with higher compensation. The utility token $MSC will be added to a pool at the end of the match, according to the game results. The user will be able to receive the winnings after a given period — more information about claimable rewards will be published soon.
All the same gaming features will remain available.
4. Ranking system for $MSU rewards
$MSU is the governance token of MetaSoccer, so earning it will be harder and require more effort. Each time you play a PvE match, you will also win points according to the result and the difficulty of the match.
There will be 6 ranks, one for each tier of potential:
- Tier 1: 40–49
- Tier 2: 50–59
- Tier 3: 60–69
- Tier 4: 70–79
- Tier 5: 80–89
- Tier 6: 90–99
At the end of each week, $MSU will be rewarded to all participants proportionally to their position within each rank — so even if you end up last, as long as you’ve scored points, you will receive some $MSU.
The main goal is that over time the ranking system will slowly transform into a full league system with several divisions. Watch for more information and details on how the ranking system works and the rewards per rank.
5. Next steps
MetaSoccer is designed to be a football manager-style play-to-earn game, not a click to earn. We will keep adding more features that improve game dynamics. Here’s an overview of what you can expect:
- Improve your players — part 1: The more a player plays and uses his abilities, the more these abilities improve to reach his maximum potential.
- Improve your players — part 2: A training system where you can train the more relevant skills of your players for their specific role and your favorite lineup.
- Choose differing tactics and strategies at the start of each match that adapt better to the characteristics and abilities of your players.
- Change tactics and strategies in the middle of the match if they don’t work.
- Change players from the bench — if you change your tactic, consider a lineup change.
- Train your players for specific lineups and tactics.
- Activation of Player versus Player mode (PvP), because winning another Manager is more satisfying than winning against AI.
The journey into the soccer metaverse is just beginning, and building on your activities and abilities with us helps shape this exciting venture.